Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Money and Friends

One rule I have always followed to my “friends’” dismay is that I have the habit of chipping in the last bit of money that is due from my side (though i don’t expect them to do so).

This is more of a habit and matter of personal choice than to do with anything about me being miser or “kanjoos” or worried about the money.

Infact, i won’t ask if someone owes me (ofcourse the amount has to be in consideration) but on the other hand, will go and pay it myself if there’s anything to be paid from my side. (I’ll make a lousy businessman…that’s why I wanna do a job)

That’s what happened recently. If you’ve been to Hyderabad, you’ll have heard of Karachi Biscuits which are “world famous in Hyderabad” and they are tasty too. A “friend” recently visited her sister and I had asked to get a box of biscuit for me. Of course, before she left I HAD mentioned that I’ll be paying the money though she must have taken it as a joke.

She’s back and the debate has begun.

Take your biscuits. No, first tell me, what’s the price. Shut up, and take it. No, what’s the price. Okay fine, don’t take it. Okay, as you wish!!!!

I may sound rude, and I am a li’l here…but they have to understand. I am paying it ‘cos I had asked for them…she’s bought it on my behalf…so I have to pay it right?

my only condition is –

Never bring any relations in money, and never bring money in any relation

which means – if there is something you owe to someone, go and give it yourself without taking it for granted that the person is your friend/relative. And if the friend/relative wants your help, never think of the amount when helping him/her.

Bad economics…I know. But for me, it’s one of those things that will not make my relationship with anyone sour. If i owe, I’ll pay. If you owe, it’s up to you whether you pay or not. what say!?

Adios,

Kunal

1 comment:

  1. What you think is really good.Who said tht this wont make you a good businessman? You are what you think you are.You can be what you want to be.All is upto you!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger