Friday, May 1, 2009

Is it wrong to expect! ?

I know even before you read, you are thinkin' - No kunal, it isnt wrong to expect...but you shouldn't expect TOO much!

Yeah yeah, I know! TOO much is Baaayyyd! but what exactly IS too much!?

when you call someone a friend, you do stuffs for them but all they gotta do is to hang out with people who are more fun, have good jokes to say and make fun off others behind their backs - not knowing that behind your back the same persons say disgusting things about YOU too!!!

I had a discussion about this with two other people a few days back! mr S and ms S!

We all had experienced problems with expectations - one of us experiencing it recently. And we kept telling to each other - see, you shouldn't expect this, that the world's selfish, that being alone is better, this, that, blah blah blah! I felt good to give such gyan and then what happens? I come into my room and start expecting that these people with whom I have shared my thoughts will understand why I am such a disgusting person! or rather a loser something what they call me!

I know its ironical but then that's what human tendency is. You just cant stop expecting. Okay, like me you wont be expecting much of people you talk to or share similar tastes - but you do expect it from your parents and family and if you're lucky to have some people you call friends!

You might think - 'nah man, it ain't true. I really don't expect anything from anyone. I am all fine by myself. I don't need anyone......'. But that's the biggest lie you are telling and that too not to me but to yourself. Imagine you doing everything for your roomie or friend - remembering his/her birthday, buying gifts, getting all emotional when s/he is leaving, or coming back, etc! all those emotional and foolish things you do to see that charming smile on their faces. And IF you don't get something, or you see them not spending time with you, or getting busy or just not in mood - you'll put on a brave face of understanding, go sit on your computer surfing. But in your heart, you're feeling bad. I know you do. and you know it too. That's because you expect. You expect to be loved back. You expect to be get the same or better treatment what you give to others. You expect it and accept it people!

That's what i do. I expect the same treatment - not better but just the same kind of gestures from people. Nothing more, nothing less! And there's nothing great I do that can't be given back. But then, my bigggest problem is that I am not a fun person you can hang out with right. And because being a bore is a criminal offence under "Society Laws - 101", I should be punished. I should just give and not expect back. Just because I don't fit into your scheme of things, I don't deserve to expect. I just don't deserve it...oh yeah!!

And it is wrong. Yeah, I know my blog title says that freedom means not to expect anything. but I don't know if I ll ever be able to get to that point. Iwish Icould. But I also know I wouldn't! only if Ayn Rand were alive!



Adios!

Regards,
Kunal Lodha

P.S.: My blogs getting depressing day by day. I think I need a break!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi bhaiya,
    I believe that if you want something,you need to give that thing first.Don't do anything with the expectation of results.Do something for the fulfillment of your ambitions.
    Now coming to the point,why you are wasting time in thinking of others & the others those who don't care for you.Let your emotions rule your mind.Find the people who really cares for you & believe me you can count them on your fingures.It may be your maa-papa-bhai or else YOU YOURSELF.You know that you can't keep entire world happy.But you can try to keep atleast those people happy who cares for you.They deseve it.
    Its your life,live it;love it & rule it.Why to give command to other peoples thought to rule your life who doesn't deserve it?Be focussed towards your goal & do something really good in the field your expertise.Only an ordinary person becomes extraordinary.Just TRY it.

    Success & people follows..

    Regards,
    Sandeep kumar,
    BBM,
    Alliance Business Academy

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger